What information do I need for a homeowners insurance quote?
Fact-checked with HomeInsurance.com
When shopping for homeowners insurance it is best to be prepared with a few important pieces of information so that you can get quick, accurate rates. Here is some information an insurance agent may require from you in order to process your rate quote:
- The square footage of your home
- Construction details such as roof age and type, building type, etc.
- Whether or not you have dogs and what breeds
- Details about any homeowners insurance claims for the past 5 years
- Your liability coverage needs
- The year your home was built as well as when any major improvements were made to plumbing, heating and electrical systems
- How long your home has been insured and with whom
If you are ready to start a home insurance quote and would like online rate, start a homeowners insurance quote now.
Related Home Insurance FAQs:
- What do I do if I have a claim?
- Will my rates increase?
- What do you need to buy a standard flood policy?
- If I’m escrowing my home insurance, how do I cancel mid-term?
- How often should I review my homeowners insurance policy?
About this content: The content included on this webpage in no way guarantees coverage for any type of insurance policy or policyholder. This is to be used as a general guide for insurance information and any specific coverage questions should be presented to your insurance agent.